21 March 2009

Who is John Galt?

A bill passed Congress this past week that, if it becomes law, will tax a portion of my pay at 100%. Pay I have already recieved and put to good use for the benefit of my family, my friends, my church, myself. Oops. What was I thinking?

I have a friend who is a member of the united states congress. He puts it this way, “To continually reward executives of failing companies with million-dollar bonuses is bad enough, but to do so while receiving taxpayer dollars is criminal,”. What Congress knows, that the public does not, is the bill is not aimed toward one company but toward the compensation structure of millions of citizens.

So i'll add failed executive to the list of things i've been called. I'm one of the bad guys, lock me up. It's March. I'll watch basketball while Atlas shrugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment