08 August 2010

Another summer roaming the Mother Ship

The last two summers I have spent a few Sunday mornings at The Church of Saint Mark, in Shakopee, Minnesota. Compared to last year it seems to be growing. Nice, full summer crowds, which is a bit unusual for any church. Though protestant by belief and family tradition, over the years the theological lines that seemed so clear and important when I was in my twenties are now getting fuzzy. As often as not I find myself siding with the Catholic perspective on the major theological divisions between this church and mine.

One things is certain, this is the moral bulwark of the world. It is this church that holds those same timeless and true positions everywhere it stands. Although there are things I can't yet reconcile with my own understanding of scripture, I would not want a world without the Mother Ship and here's to a day when we all sail a little closer to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment