01 December 2008

While Tigers prey, do they pray?

Regarding the season... Oh the pain of heightened expectations. Ten years ago we longed for a season as "disappointing" as the Tigers 9-3. The most dreadful of these is the loss to the gaggle of scallawags to the west. Equally frustrating was the fact that it was not until the last 30 seconds of the last game of the regular season that two members of the family took notice of the team and joined Tigers fandom. Each offered a weak sigh of disappointment on the final play, a field goal attempt in the closing seconds that could have tied the game.

On a completely unrelated matter that just came to mind, scripture suggests we rejoice in our tribulations and suffering. That's hard. Not when the problem is over with but when you are right in the middle of the mess and hurting. Not going through the motions but really rejoicing. Thank you God for everything about this mess I'm in because I know so many blessings will flow from it if I listen to you. Thank you for the pain, the discomfort, the uncertainty. To use a current day example thank you for falling markets and the loss of your dollars and the wonderful reminder of my need for you that flows from this. Thank you for all the things I don't understand. It once took five visits to the doctor on a potentially serious health matter to cause me to pray for healing. Wasn't I tough! On the fifth visit, I chose weakness.

No comments:

Post a Comment