31 October 2011

Cards win the World Series

As much as I love baseball, I watched more of this series than any other.

Baseball can be boring to watch, both in person and on TV. If the Cardinals aren't in, I dont watch that much, perhaps jumping in when it gets near one team clinching. I was traveling on business for much of this one. However, I still managed to catch most it, either at home or on the road. At least twice I listened to Mike Shannon call the game on KMOX. During the playoffs while driving through Virginia and during game 6 of the series while driving from Waco to Dallas. That night I got to my hotel room near the end of the 8th. I imagine I was one of the few people in the hotel rooting for the Cards.

In the end they won and I am not even going to attempt to write much about that. I can't add to what my daughters have written in their blogs. It's a great feeling when your team wins. It's even better when you can share it with family. We skyped Caroline through the 9th inning of game 7, and traded numerous phone calls and text messages among loved ones as they sealed their 11th WS victory.

I watched game 6 again last night online. what a series. what a game. LaRussa has now retired. Thanks Tony for all those great times.

No comments:

Post a Comment