18 May 2022

Too much of an above average thing

 Early this year I determined that I need a break from my heavy biographical and theological readings and just have fun escaping in good stories. I searched online and found that many people put Isaac Asimov at or near the top of lists of the best science fiction writers. 

I decided to read his Foundation series. Then his prelude to Foundation Series. Then his postlude to Foundation Series. Then I Robot. Now I am reading all the preludes to preludes to Foundation and Robots. 

He is a good writer. But this stuff is getting old. I have four books left to read, or is it five? I am bored but will finish them so that I can send them off to goodwill. 

In the 1950s he had an insight to the type of inventions that would come our way by the 1990s. Remarkable.

He had a very bad sense of the value of faith in God. Or I should say the main characters in his books that I have read have this trait. Unremarkable.  



No comments:

Post a Comment