12 March 2021

I got my China (or is it UK) flu shot

Like you, I have been checking the availability of China flu shots. I have a list of governments, hospitals, pharmacies and sporting goods stores that claim access to the cure and browse their websites off and on during the day. 

430 am yesterday morning I checked the website of a pharmacy, in the outside chance that a vaccine would be available. To my surprise I found that 30 miles north of here there would be a vial of the magic juice waiting for me at 9:30 am. 

The process was simple. I gave one of the pharmacists my insurance card and took a seat.  My name was called and I was met with a nice smile by an attractive 40ish woman who was about to change my life. She introduced herself. I replied, "I have been waiting a year to meet you. I knew you were out there somewhere." She giggled. 

Now that she has altered my DNA and the microchip implanted, the government will be able to watch me even better. The tracking device installed in the Student Union of Southwest Baptist College in 1976, during the swine flu panic, has outlived its effectiveness. Oink. 

I hope the government does a better job of tracking me in the future than in the past. I made a lot of mistakes and had some crazy ventures that I would have expected a kind and loving government to prevent. Such as .... lottery tickets, hoarding incandescent light bulbs, changing planes in Atlanta, selling naked call options, getting mad at Rocko, my members only jacket, my teal phase, unfiltered Lucky Strikes, that Chevy Chevette, John Anderson for President, the death of Buster the hamster, and on and on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment