24 April 2023

Too much introspection leaves one staring out one's arse.

 I read this synopsis of a movie, on a plane. It makes no sense, but jumped at me as I tried to grasp what it might be like to be such a being. I do not know any human being that could be the subject of this situation. Nor do you. I know no Alice. 

"While on vacation with two girlfriends, Alice rediscovers the essence of herself and gains some much-needed perspective. Slowly, she starts to fray the cords of codependency that bind her."

My essence is missing? Dang it I discovered it once before and now I must discover it again. Repeating this quest for my essence will give me some perspective. On what? While I'm at it, might as well fray some bad stuff, but certainly dont' get rid of it, just fray it. Dependency, Co-dependency, Tri- and even quad-dependency can't be all bad. Fray it but don't ditch it. If I knew what it was I might argue with that. 

I think this senence reminds me of the poems that came from my 8th grade english class, though essence and perspective had not yet been invented. We were more into vacations and girlfriends.  

No comments:

Post a Comment